Courtesy Pay is our form of overdraft protection. 90 days after opening your checking account, we will automatically grant you $500 of overdraft protection. Courtesy Pay is a safety net. If your checking account balance is ever too low to clear your transaction, Courtesy Pay will kick in to cover it.
- Checks you’ve written
- ACH transactions including online bill payments
- Cash withdrawals at the credit union
- ATM withdrawals
- Avoid the embarrassment of denied payments or returned checks
- Avoid returned check fees
- $30 fee per transaction when funds are not available in your account
- There is no limit on the number of courtesy pay fees you can incur.
Once your account reaches a negative balance of $500, transactions will not be paid.
- Set up a savings account to overdraft to your checking (max. per transaction fee is only $2)
- Set up another member’s savings account (spouse, parent, etc.) to overdraft to our checking (max. per transaction fee is $15)
- Apply for a line of credit loan and designate it as your overdraft source
- Setup E-Alerts for your checking account balance to cut down on the risk of an overdraft (free!)